Get in touch (719) 357-6682
Colorado Springs, Colorado is a beautiful place to live, with its picturesque landscapes and scenic views. However, the dry climate in this region can create some challenges for homeowners when it comes to maintaining a lush green lawn and healthy plants. One of the most important factors in keeping your yard looking great is make sure that your sprinkler system is working. But even the best sprinkler system won’t be able to compensate for the wrong choice of plants in a dry, arid climate like Colorado Springs. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the best plants to use in your yard, to ensure that your landscape remains vibrant and healthy all year round.
Native plants are a good choice for landscaping in Colorado Springs. These plants are adapted to the local climate, and they require less water than non-native plants. Some of the best native plants to consider for your yard include:
- Blue Grama Grass: This native grass is known for its blue-green color and its ability to tolerate drought. It’s a low-maintenance plant that’s perfect for adding texture and interest to your landscape.
- Sage: Sage is a drought-tolerant perennial herb that’s known for its fragrant leaves and beautiful purple flowers. It’s also a great choice for enticing pollinators to your yard.
- Gambel Oak: This native tree is highly adaptable to the Colorado Springs climate, and it’s a great choice for adding shade and beauty to your yard. It also produces acorns that are a favorite food of wildlife, making it a great choice for wildlife fans.
Succulents and Cacti
Succulents and cacti are also great choices for landscaping in Colorado Springs. These plants are highly drought-resistant and require very little water to thrive. Some of the best succulents and cacti to consider for your yard include:
- Agave: This plant is known for its rosette shape and its ability to tolerate drought. It’s a great choice for adding interest and texture to your landscape.
- Barrel Cactus: Barrel cactus is a highly drought-tolerant plant that’s perfect for Colorado Springs. It’s known for its cylindrical shape and its beautiful yellow flowers.
- Hens and Chicks: This succulent plant is known for its ability to grow in tight spaces and its striking rosette shape. It’s a low-maintenance plant that’s perfect for adding interest to your landscape.
In conclusion, choosing the right plants for your yard in Colorado Springs is critical for maintaining a beautiful and healthy landscape. Whether you opt for native plants, or succulents and cacti make sure to choose plants that are adapted to the local climate. Get in touch (719) 357-6682